Here we are at the end of 2020! We at TrailManor wish each of you a blessed Christmas and a hope that your 2021 will be a healthy and prosperous year!
Our South Dakota winter has been very mild so far. A few cold days, one measurable snow fall but most of all it has been unseasonably mild weather.
We learned recently that South Dakota’s famous WALL DRUG was very near closing because of the economic conditions created by Covid-19! The story goes that after the Sturgis Rally in August plus the increase of tourism afterwards fixed their financial woes. We didn’t realize how close we were to losing one of our landmarks – WALL DRUG. We’ve even seen signs in Germany that point towards the US with something like 4759 MILES TO WALL DRUG painted on them.
The RV business is the best it has ever been. We guess that people are seeking adventure out in nature and travel rather than sit at home. For us, it has been difficult to keep production up with sales. As we talked about in previous newsletters, we had challenges getting some materials. Most of that problem was fixed until now, and now we are having difficulty getting more Krystal Kote (the material used for the outside of our units). It all makes life interesting, to say the least.
The following are ‘prospective’ RV Shows we are planning. Please watch our facebook page and website for updates and/or changes.
- COMO RV in Inverness Florida will be at the Florida RV Super Show January 13 – 17th
- Horn Rapids RV in Richland Washington – February 11, 12, 13
- Bankston Motor Homes – Nashville – January 22, 23 & 24
- Bankston Motor Homes – Huntsville – February 19, 20 & 21
- Bankston Motor Homes – Birmingham – February 26, 27 & 28
- Wise Trailer Sales – Pittsburg show -January 9th – 17th. Cancelled
- Prossers RV in Sturdevant, WI -Greater Wisconsin RV Show January 8th – 10th
(Wisconsin Center, Milwaukee WI)
- Prossers RV – Milwaukee RV Show February 27th through March 1st
Milwaukee State fair exposition center
We are nearing the shortest day of the year (December 21st). According to reports the Christmas Star will appear this year that evening – the same as when Jesus was born. That star was the meeting of the 3 stars – Jupiter, Saturn & Mars and it will be the same this year. An analogy was drawn between the two times in history with violence, chaos, political and social unrest. Whether or not this is accurate, it is never-the-less interesting to ponder.
Again, we wish everyone a Merry Christmas!